Sunday, January 17, 2010

I can live with that

My one reader left me a comment 5 days ago saying something along the lines of "Hey, you haven't posted since October, why am I a reader of your blog again?". 

Truth is, I have plenty to write about, but I'm short on guts.  I have moved out.  I am divorcing my husband, and likely facing the battle of my life over custody of my two youngest children.  And this blog isn't anonymous enough for me to feel safe describing the day-to-day, or even the overall picture of what these circumstances are doing to me.

A few things I'm learning - 1) righteous people throughout the ages have been persecuted not in spite of their righteousness, but because of it; 2) having my credibility with my kids challenged is far worse than being judged in the court of public opinion; 3) now is not the time for me to say, "I can do it all".

Still, much of the time, I feel a sustaining and powerful peace.  I have hope for my future, I am sleeping more, eating better, and I have more patience and more fun with my kids.  Things are hard, but better.  I can live with that.



2 comments:

Bruce Coltin said...

...then, writing will help you feel even better. Write for yourself and the readers will come. And when they do, I'm willing to bet that more than a few will be helped by honesty of your writing.

inward and onward said...

Thank you, Bruce. Your comment is genuinely motivating. Thank you.